Friday, September 23, 2016

Unlocked verizon S5; how to use it with T-Mobile?

Hi guys; I did get 2 S5 phones, both unlocked, but they came from different carriers. One is from ATT, the other from Verizon. One is a G900A while the other is a G900V; so the model is matching the carrier.

Now, with the ATT one, I just pop the sim card in, and it works (I have a nano, but it fits in the micro slot), the phone works fine, nothing wrong with it.

The verizon one is not liking it...I get a message that say that the SIM card is not present. I did think it was broken, so I did pop in an old sim card that is not working anymore, which is also the micro size, so the correct size, and the phone say that the sim inserted is not a Verizon sim.

I have no idea why this phone, is doing this. I was told that the phone is unlocked, but the strange thing is that it won't accept any nano sim (while the same S5 from ATT does take it without problems), and that it won't allow me to use anything that is not a Verizon sim. Did I buy a phone that is locked? Should I get another one of the ATT model? Reading on the forum, I did see that you need a verizon sim card for the first activation and then you can swap the T-mobile in, and change the network settings, but I do not have a Verizon sim card available, and before waste 10 dollars at the local store, I would like to know if there is anything else that I can do to make the phone to work. Or if I should just return it; this came from Amazon, so that's easy to fix. Thanks!


from xda-developers http://ift.tt/2czu7fn
via IFTTT
Hi guys; I did get 2 S5 phones, both unlocked, but they came from different carriers. One is from ATT, the other from Verizon. One is a G900A while the other is a G900V; so the model is matching the carrier.

Now, with the ATT one, I just pop the sim card in, and it works (I have a nano, but it fits in the micro slot), the phone works fine, nothing wrong with it.

The verizon one is not liking it...I get a message that say that the SIM card is not present. I did think it was broken, so I did pop in an old sim card that is not working anymore, which is also the micro size, so the correct size, and the phone say that the sim inserted is not a Verizon sim.

I have no idea why this phone, is doing this. I was told that the phone is unlocked, but the strange thing is that it won't accept any nano sim (while the same S5 from ATT does take it without problems), and that it won't allow me to use anything that is not a Verizon sim. Did I buy a phone that is locked? Should I get another one of the ATT model? Reading on the forum, I did see that you need a verizon sim card for the first activation and then you can swap the T-mobile in, and change the network settings, but I do not have a Verizon sim card available, and before waste 10 dollars at the local store, I would like to know if there is anything else that I can do to make the phone to work. Or if I should just return it; this came from Amazon, so that's easy to fix. Thanks!


from xda-developers http://ift.tt/2czu7fn
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment